NPQ: leading teaching (NPQLT)
This programme follows the Department of Education’s National Professional Qualification (NPQ): Leading Teaching Framework. If you would like to express an interest in this NPQ, please send us a message via our contact us page.
On this programme, you will learn how to:
- explain important ideas about the science of learning
- understand what good teaching practice is and how to implement it
- support colleagues to design a broad and coherent curriculum
- plan effective lessons and stimulate your pupils’ thinking
- help colleagues adapt their teaching to different needs
- contribute to the design of school assessment systems
- align your professional development with wider school improvement priorities.
The content is delivered through blended learning. This includes a mix of real-time, interactive online sessions and self-guided modules you complete in your own time. The programme includes facilitator-led sessions with your peer group that focus on decision making.
Further details about this 12 month course can be found here.