NPQ: headship (NPQH)
This programme follows the Department of Education’s National Professional Qualification Headship Framework. If you would like to express an interest in this NPQ, please send us a message via our contact us page.
You will learn how to:
- set clear goals and communicate shared values that improve classroom and school culture
- transform pupils’ knowledge, capabilities and beliefs about learning
- create a fair and structured approach to learning and testing
- establish a safe and positive environment for pupils
- support colleagues to meet individual needs and make sure all pupils have access to a rich curriculum
- lead school-wide professional development for staff
- establish good financial, human and educational resource management
- make and act on evidence-informed decisions
- work well with parents, carers, other schools and the wider community
- lead by example, be accountable for decisions and make sure staff know their professional responsibilities.
The content is delivered through blended learning. This includes a mix of real-time, interactive online sessions and self-guided modules you complete in your own time. The programme includes facilitator-led sessions with your peer group that focus on decision making.
Further details about this 18 month programme can be found here