Prior to starting the course all entrants must...
- have achieved a minimum GCSE level grade 4, or equivalent in English and Mathematics. Applicants wishing to teach Primary (ages 3 - 7 or ages 7 - 11) should also have achieved a minimum GCSE level grade 4, or equivalent, in Science.
- hold a first degree (defined as comprising 300 HE credits of which 60 must be at level 6 of the QCF) of a United Kingdom institution or equivalent qualification.
- demonstrate the necessary motivation and capacity to train to teach
Any offer of a place on our training will be conditional on the candidate being deemed suitable for teaching through ...
- satisfactory completion of Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.*
- satisfactory completion of a Health and Physical Capacity to teach assessment.*
* Once an offer is accepted EMTTP will work with the candidate to facilitate these checks.
Please note that there is no requirement to have completed any school experience prior to applying. EMTTP are cognisant of the fact that this is not always possible. We will work with you to put in place any experience deemed necessary prior to the start of training.